Monday, May 4, 2009

Today was a good day

I got out of the house!! Perla took me to my doctors appointment in the morning and then was kind enough to take me to run errands afterward. At the end of the morning she even took me out for some ice cream. I think the little outing was good for my moral. It really did lift up my spirits. Being stuck in the house for two weeks has really done a number on me. Before I was sleeping most of the day because I was healing but now I think it's just pure laziness. I am still sore but for the most part I can get around on my own. I still can't lift my arms up, especially my right arm. Perla had to open the car door for me and put my seat belt on. I got a good laugh about that.

The big up date this week is that I will be starting chemo on the 19th of this month. Everything is rolling along now. I will be doing one treatment every three weeks, for a totally of 6 cycles. Right after this I will start my radiation. So far, it looks like I will be going through radiation for about 7 weeks. I will get more information on that in August. Which I don't mind. I just want to focus on chemo at this point. I should be going back to work in June, which I am very excited about. It would be nice to, one get out of the house, as well as, keeping busy.

I also want to give another big thank you to everyone. The dinners have been great and I do appreciate the company. Also, thank you for everyone that helped out with the yard sale. It was unbelievable how much every chipped in and even from people who don't even know me. Please send them my thanks and I can't thank everyone else enough for your help.

3 comments:

  1. you know I love you if i am waking up that early on a Saturday morning. Oh yeah, and os for my Sunday Funday, and having to have Jose pick me up, hope it was entertaining to hear about my wierd experiences, but I'll try to never let it happen again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Word! What Sandra said :)
    Except for the part about Jose picking me up - that didn't happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had fun, so did I!!!

    ReplyDelete