Friday, July 10, 2009

Half way through

Well, last Tuesday marked the half way point through my chemo. I only have three more to go. If everything is on track I will be done on September 1st. I have to admit the third cycle side effects lingered on a bit. I still don't feel 100% and I normally start to feel better about this time. So, I finally called my doctor and she was also concerned. She said she will be changing the dosage of Taxol. The next rounds should be easier on me.
My overall energy level is down. I have been trying to go out and walk everyday, because that usually helps me sleep at night but that is tough to do. I'm trying new things to help me pick up my energy like meditation. It's helped with the pain from my shots but as far as energy, it just puts me to sleep. I hear yoga is good so I may try that.

My next treatment is at the end of the month. September is just around the corner.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see a post, I was concerned when you hadn't been able to update.
    it will soon be over and you will live long and make your daddy proud

    ReplyDelete
  2. halfway through is a lot. I'm guessing that a few months ago this seemed really far away, but you've made it! It was nice to chill the other day. My It's It ice cream was delic!

    ReplyDelete