So this is long over due but yes I am done with radiation. I finished last Monday, YAY! I will be taking Tomoxifen (a pill) for the next five years. I have a few more follow up appointment at the end of the month and will not have to be back for another six months. And will continue to go every six months for the next five years.
All my scans have been clear but my Doctors haven't used the word "remission" yet. But that is okay. Right now, I am cancer free and done with the hard part of this treatment. I think I can handle taking a simple pill every day.
It's been a very hard year and I got through it. Honestly, I didn't think I would have made it but here I am. With everything done and said, I can still find something to be thankful about. This experience has brought me closer to my family and friends. I don't think I can ever express enough how thankful I am for the support you have given me over the last eight months. The support is what helped give me strength to get through this. I wouldn't have been this strong or brave without all of you. Thank you for the cards, prayers, emails, calls, dinners, hugs, tears, visits...thank you for being part of my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh my goodness...this almost made me cry. And damn your blog for not emailing me when you update this! I am SOOO proud of you my friend! And thank YOU for making us understand and allowing us in your most intimate moments because that too helped US thru this. No doubt you are a strong person and a very big inspiration to all of us. Cheers!
ReplyDeleteHI Kristina,
ReplyDeleteThis is Nicki Saidi's friend I met you at her b-day. I am very happy to hear this news!!!!!! Fianlly happy new reguarding this monster. You came through like a true camp. I wish you many healthy and happy years to come!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your friends & family are truly amazing to stand by you! HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY SEASON! Thanksgiving came early for you!!!
Nicki
I'm so glad you are done with everything. Your journey has been long and hard and I'm glad you let us be there for you... I know most of the time you had no choice since we just invited ourselves over anyways.. just remember we all love you and look forward to having you a part of our lives as well
ReplyDelete-love perla and all my babies!!
I am in awe of you and in awe of the great powers of determination, love and prayer. You set the example by choosing to fight. It was easy to support you and cheer for you, but you did the "heavy lifting" as they say. For today and each one of the days you remain cancer free - rejoice and celebrate YOU. Love you, Jessica
ReplyDelete