Saturday, May 23, 2009

Week one down

Well, the first week post chemo is coming to an end. And it wasn't too bad. I had absolutely no energy the day after and it's slowly coming back. I have never felt so lazy in my life. And if you know me well, you know how lazy I can get. On night I was in terrible pain but didn't want to use any resources to turn over and get comfortable.

I keep hearing this is going to get worse as time goes on, but I am my head up. Jose is doing a good job at keeping me laughing. Everyone once in a while, he pulls my hair to see if it's coming out. That's the big thing I am waiting for right now. I think it's the big initiation into chemo. So far, just stray hairs. I keep thinking is that a normal hair coming out or is it the chemo. If I go by statistics, my hair should start to really shed June 2nd. I did see the positive side of it though, it concerns a Halloween costume. And yes....you have to wait until October to see what it will be.

Pain wise, I'm okay, sore. Still trying to find a comfortable position at night. My insomnia is pretty bad though. Today I woke up at 5 am, which is sleeping in at this point. But I am sure it doesn't help that I take 3 hour naps in the middle of the day. Well, just wanted to give a quick little update. Thank you for all the well wishes.

4 comments:

  1. Love you! just remember we are here for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. there are 1000's of prayers said for you every day. God will help you through it

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have no excuse for losing my hair :(

    ReplyDelete